Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Full circle

Left Perth last weekend and returned to Melbourne, my circumnavigation of Oz complete! (missed out South Oz but 5 out of 6 states aint bad!). A chance meeting with a friend on the plane then led me to my current abode, Bundaleer http://www.bundaleerhealing.com.au/. Here I help out as needed, and will provide holiday cover for the tea room next week.

In exchange I get to live in my very own cottage & get fed delicious food all surrounded by rolling countryside with many kangas, parrots & cockatoos. To say the weather is changable would be an understatement, on one day alone last week we had wind, rain, snow, hail (horizontal) & sunshine. Then no sooner had I purchased a winter wardrobe than summer returned! Today is forecast to be 36c and thunderstorm brewing as I write!

Have also had my very own canine companion (Freya) staying with me for the last 24 hours as Barbara, the owner, has been away. After a restless start Freya eventually settled and luckily was an uneventful night, apart from an offering of egg shells from the rubbish and I have never been slobbered quite like that at 6am I can tell you! Now she even does what i tell her to, instead of lying there with a look of 'if you think i'm listening to you you've got another thing coming'. More canine adventures next week i get to look after the other dog Zac.


Entrance & main building
Dunn mansions

Bundaleer from afar


My coldest day in oz!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?