Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Permaculture Paradise

For the last week have been staying at Jasper Hall - a large permaculture farm located in the Upper Coopers Creek valley in the foothils of the Nightcap National Park. Is a community set up and very eco friendly, we have solar power and all the water used is rainwater, also compost toilets which are better than expected!

Great food here too with lots of avocado, banana, citrus and macadamia trees amongst others. Lots of wildlife as well, yesterday I met my first leech attached to my foot and today found my first venomous snake (not attached to me!). The main activity is currently focused on 2 new buildings which I've been helping paint. Have also been doing lots of cooking and helping look after 10 month old twins Amazon and Phoenix.

Am here until Sunday then am off to the ultra hippy town of Nimbin where the great earring sale will be taking place at the market there on Sunday!


Jasper Hall

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?