Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

New month, new State

Greetings from New South Wales! Have spent the last week making my way up the coast from Melbourne. Spent a few days in Lakes Entrance and Merimbula, both nice little coastal towns with amazing beaches and lots of pelicans!

Now in Wollongong, a couple of hours south of Sydney. Here I visited the Nan Tien Temple - the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere and home to no less than 10,000 buddhas. Lots of them were stone statues around the temple doing everything from gardening to building a snowman! My favourite though had to be the one I can only describe as reinacting Saturday Night Fever!

Tommorrow I travel to Sydney then it's Bondi Beach here I come!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?